Outside Border

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer Beauty

I was in my backyard and the miniature roses were looking pretty shabby and heavily laden with blossoms. I decided to trim them up and realized I had some beautiful vase material. It got me thinking of days gone by when I would have to use whatever I found in the house that would hold water as a vase because I hadn't invested in vases (food was more important to the budget at the time, lol). The pink roses reminded me of a teapot that my sweet husband purchased for me when we visited Prague during our 25th wedding anniversary "2nd honeymoon". I quickly brought the flowers into the house, dusted off the teapot from the china hutch, added warm water to the pot, trimmed the roses and viole' a beautiful display.   The second picture is of a single gladiolas that has been trimmed back for several days, mainly because I can't stand to throw flowers away, and just kept finding smaller containers to display the shortening stem of flowers :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your creative and inspiring comments. We love hearing from you:)