Outside Border

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Preserving Family Traditions

I love traditions!  I believe that it takes just one family member to keep the family traditions alive and I have gladly stepped up to preserve a couple of our family traditions.  One of the seasonal traditions that my grandmother, Jenny Bryden, started when I was just a young child was to make a Christmas stocking for every child and grandchild.  I don’t think when she started this craft she had any idea it would become a tradition or that she would make more than thirty stockings herself.   Yesterday I invited my nieces and great-nieces over to carry on the tradition.   My sister and I shared the stocking design that my grandmother created and helped each of them create their own design for their families.  It was a wonderful time with Christmas music playing in the background, hot cider and hot chocolate served in Christmas cups and a chance to be together as a family (even the newest member of the family, one week old Layla participated in our tradition).  I encourage each of you that read this to preserve a family tradition OR start a new one this holiday season.  The joy of traditions continues for generations to come. ~ Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your creative and inspiring comments. We love hearing from you:)

About Us

My photo
We, Peggy and Sheryl, are BFF's (Best Friends Forever)and co-authors of this blog. Our great ethusiasm for life and unwaivering friendship has sustained us through some very challenging health issues that has inspired us to channel our disabilities into unlimitless possibilities ~ thus our blog and Etsy store, www.AveryleeDesigns.etsy.com. We hope that you too are inspired through our blog entries to grow in your own creativity and joyful discoveries. Fun Fact: Our greatest treasure is our grandchildren for which our name is created from. Avery is one of six grandsons that Sheryl has and Rylee is Peggy's granddaughter. If you put the two names together they spell AveRYlee or Averylee...