I love to have a few extra gifts on hand...
What could be better than a simple layered cake in a jar :0)
Your giftee will only need to add butter, water, eggs, and vanilla extract..voila...a cake!
My Favorite...Pineapple Spice
Ingredients needed: cake flour
buttermilk powder or nonfat milk powder
finely diced dried pineapple
1-liter widemouth jar or canister
1 tag w/directions to tie on with a holiday ribbon
For 1 Jar...
1 cup sifted cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup plus 6 tablespoons sifted cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons cake flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup buttermilk powder or nonfat milk powder
1/2 cup finely diced dried pineapple
Blend the ingredients for each layer separately...put layer 1 on the bottom of the jar or canister...build up to layer 5...even and settle each layer by tapping the jar gently on the counter
Baking instructions...add to the tag
1) in mixing bowl, blend cake mix ingredients briefly...
2) beat 3/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup water...beat on medium for 1 1/2 minutes
3) in small bowl, beat 3 eggs with 1/4 cup water and 2 teaspoons vanilla...add the egg mixture to
batter in 3 batches, beating well after each
4) scrape batter into 2, 8 or 9 inch greased (round or square) pans, a greased 9x13-inch pan or paper
lined muffin cups
5) bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees
6) cool in pans for 10 minutes...invert onto cooling rack to cool completely
You can add a frosting too...maybe a brown sugar or cream cheese
Makes 12 servings
Now you are done with a darling homemade Christmas gift :0)
- Averylee Designs
- We, Peggy and Sheryl, are BFF's (Best Friends Forever)and co-authors of this blog. Our great ethusiasm for life and unwaivering friendship has sustained us through some very challenging health issues that has inspired us to channel our disabilities into unlimitless possibilities ~ thus our blog and Etsy store, www.AveryleeDesigns.etsy.com. We hope that you too are inspired through our blog entries to grow in your own creativity and joyful discoveries. Fun Fact: Our greatest treasure is our grandchildren for which our name is created from. Avery is one of six grandsons that Sheryl has and Rylee is Peggy's granddaughter. If you put the two names together they spell AveRYlee or Averylee...